Dynamic Dates?
In the 2.x.x versions of TPAS, I added in the functionality to store date information about periodicals that followed the format: 'Most recent 3 months' to reflect the dynamic nature of the availability of some of the print periodicals. Recently, I looked up in the production database to see how many periodicals uses this features and the number was very low: 10, out of about 2000 print periodicals. Is this feature something that needs to stick around in version 3?
1 Comments:
Matt, althought the number currently is low, this is, I think, an important feature to retain for the print periodicals. Keep in mind that the print periodical information currently in TPAS is somewhat suspect and definitely out of date. There are many more than 10 situations I can think of (e.g. for newspapers) where we will need to indicate that we only retain current issues. Also, we are going through a project this summer to clean up our backfiles of print periodicals and we are finding the need to define more such cases where say, only the past three months of a particular journal or periodical are kept. One example that just came up yesterday is the well-known magazine "Variety" which we receive as a gift and we don't intend to keep an entire backfile, just the past three or four months' worth.
Post a Comment
<< Home