Thursday, June 10, 2004

Batch Add / Update Idea

I have an idea for the Batch Add / Update to help make it more user-friendly. (Steve, you are probably the only person that can answer this question because you and I have used it the most)

On the 3rd step, the user maps the columns in the CSV file to the columns in the database. Part of this option is to select 'Append' or 'Overwrite'. This option is displayed for all of the columns but only applies to a few particular columns (ones that multiple values can be stored in the database, ie subjects or publishers). My idea is to add some JavaScript (althought, I try to avoid it as much as possible) to only show the box when the user selects a database column that uses the 'Append' or 'Overwrite' options.

What do you think?

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2004 at 9:53 AM, Blogger Steve Oberg said...

This'd be fantastic! I say, go for it. Yes, I am probably the only other one to this point who could provide an informed response. This aspect of mapping would be made sooooo much easier with a tweak like you've suggested.

Steve

 
At June 10, 2004 at 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This feature has been implemented (but only in TPAS 3.0.0-dev).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home